Are You Having Trouble Home Decorating With Your Other Half?

A while back I did a decorating segment on WFMZ TV 69 News at Sunrise about a very important topic that constantly comes up when designing and decorating your home, Decorating With Your Partner Successfully.  As an Interior Designer, I sit in meetings with couples who have hired me because of this very touchy subject.  I have learned a few things over the years.  I thought I would post bullet points from that TV segment to remind myself (who is going through this now) and anyone else who might find this helpful.  


Don’t run over the other person’s taste and ideas


Compromise by getting something and giving up something


Keep everyone involved even if they say they don’t care; or you think they won’t care



Get approval for large purchases; STOP shopping and regroup if arguing


CLICK HERE to get the full scoop on each of these bullet points.  I wish you all the best of luck!  Feel free to add comments on how you overcame this topic!  We can all use the advice.

Comments