Busy Since Gobbling


I just finished off a bag of chocolate covered pretzels and had a moment of depression.  When does diet season begin?  January 1st is the classic pledge date right?  On New Years Eve we hold our champagne glass high and pledge that beginning tomorrow we will lose the ten pounds we packed on between Halloween and now. This is totally unfair because it is directly after presents stop coming and ferocious sales expire in the stores.  Sales should actually begin when the dieting starts and there should be a gift waiting for us when we drop the pledged weight.  Just a thought.


So what is going on with LoveYourRoom designs?
Glad you asked.  We are working on some new fantabulous projects and amazing clients, including a living room reno adding a new contemporary fireplace design (see above for initial plans and materials). We have been busy with an eighty year old home reno.  We are helping another couple change their Santa Fe style to a more contemporary design. We just completed three projects I will blog about in the new year and nearing completion on a few more.  With great excitement we are also nearing completion on our new website and blog that is not just getting a facial, but a total make-over!!!!  I am doing the moonwalk over it!   And Wednesday of this week at 8:40 am I will be appearing on WFMZ-TV 69 News at Sunrise to divulge my Fave-O-Fave design ideas this year and décor pieces so I am right now narrowing down my list.

Re-cap of Turkey Day

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.  I shared turkey and my favorite Riesling wine from Clover Hill in Long Island with Becks, my sister, and her family.  I made my Mom's recipe 'Elaine's Yam and Apple Casserole' and received so many thumbs up (no left overs!). Since blogging about it previously (click here) I have received requests for the recipe so I listed it below (Mom would be blushing with joy).  P.S. Becks made the most delish corn muffins made from a simple Trader Joe's corn muffin mix.  I am hooked on it now; there were real corn kernels in it (Trader Joe's, if you read this please, please open a store in the Lehigh Valley of PA!).

Elaine's Yam and Apple Casserole

8 medium sweet potatoes
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 stick melted margarine
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups apples sliced paper thin
1/8 tsp. pepper
Dash cinnamon
Mini marshmallows (buy a bag and place as many as you want on top)

Boil the sweet potatoes until tender.
Remove skin (should come right off) and mash.
Melt margarine and remove 4Tbs. for Yams later.
To margarine add brown sugar and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon in a large bowl.
Place apples over the sugar mixture and drench them.
Place the drenched apples in bottom of 9"x13" pan.
Add 4Tbs margarine, dash of cinnamon and pepper to mashed sweet potatoes.
Place over apples in pan.
Bake - 350° for 40minutes covered.
Top with some mini marshmallows and brown under broiler (watch closely).

Enjoy!


Come on back to my blog Wednesday for my list of my Fave-O-Faves of 2010

Comments