DIY Halloween Pumpkin Boo Centerpiece

Halloween is almost here!  And its the perfect time to create a Halloween Pumpkin Boo centerpiece!  It is super easy!  I love how the ghosts blow around when any one walks past mine!  Make one for yourself; get the kids involved!


For this project you will need:
  • pumpkin
  • scissors
  • sharp knife
  • thick white paper
  • hole puncher
  • white thread and needle
  • twigs from outside
  • black spray paint
  • Mason jar (or you can use a plastic cup!)


STEP 1
Cut off the top (hole needs to be as large as the mason jar or cup you are using to place inside it) and scoop out the guts and seeds.  (I cut my pumpkin top then my daughter scooped out everything)
Also clean out the outside of it and let dry.

STEP 2
Go outside and on a flat surface (I used a piece of cardboard), spray paint your pumpkin black. (I sprayed 2 coats on)
THEN spray paint your twigs black also!  (I sprayed one side, then when dry, sprayed the other side)

STEP 3
Place your jar (or plastic cup) in your pumpkin along with the sprayed twigs.

EXTRA STEP 
(you do not need to do this but it does cover the top of the jar nicely!)

Once the jar of twigs was in the pumpkin, I made a little 'collar' by cutting a band of thick white paper about an inch high (enough to wrap around the glass jar).  Then, using scissors, I cut a scalloped edge on one side.  I also punched a hole in every scallop using using a hole puncher. Finally, I fit the paper around the jar and used double sided tape to hold it in place.

STEP 4
To create the ghosts, simply cut out 10 or so ghostly shapes 2-3inches high like these out of the white paper:

Then using the hole puncher, punch out the eyes!

Finally, thread your needle, push the needle through each ghost, and tie it to form a circle.  

Place your ghosts all over the twigs and enjoy!




Comments