My Own Wall Photo Gallery

Recently I added frames to my upstairs hallway.  I haven't filled all the frames yet but it has been over a year of thinking about doing this, so I decided to just 'go for it'!  Here is how I did it:

STEP 1 - 
Find a large clean floor area and design a layout using your frames.
(take note-I switched the jute frames you see above for turquoise ones that you will see in steps 3 and 4)

STEP 2 - 
Make paper templates of your frames and place them on the wall to resemble your frame layout.

STEP 3 - 
Hang your frames


I find that I procrastinate on printing out photos and have a ton on my computer.  I made the decision to hang my frames on the wall in the direction that looked best and fill them later because I have many photos to choose from.  If you are a procrastinator like me, just go for hanging your frames like I did.  Or you will never end up with photos on your walls.

I also changed out some of the original frame mats that came with the frames I used.  If you love a frame but not the mat, no problem!  Just go to a craft store and find a different mat. (Make sure you have the frame with you when choosing a new mat-mats come in different looks and sizes, AND cut out sizes for the photos (ie the same size mat may hold a 4x6 or 5x7).

Comments