Nostalgic Birthday Jell-O Shots Anyone? Its Easy!


Last week I told you on facebook (Love Your Room) that as soon as I finished my live TV segment on 69 News at Sunrise I was running home to tackle making ninety jell-o shots for a friends birthday.

It was a nostalgic treat for my pal Marc whose party was a Rutgers Tailgating blow out.  I have not made jell-o shots in more years than I care to recall so I had to surf the web for instructions.  


It was super easy and was a big hit!

To Make 90 Jell-o Shots

Ingredients:
I bought 4 boxes of 12 oz. packaged jell-o (2 boxes in blueberry and 2 boxes in fruit punch flavored) and a bottle of vodka.  Also 3 oz. plastic cups and 3 bags of swedish fish candy.

Steps:
1. I chilled a bottle of vodka and 4 cups of water.
2. Next I mixed the jell-o boxes with 4 cups of boiling water, stirring for 2 minutes.
3. Then, I added the 4 cups of chilled water and 4 cups vodka, and mixed again.
4. Finally I added the mix to each cup and placed in the frig.
*Tip - spray the inside of the cups with baking or cooking spray to keep the jell-o from sticking in the cup before adding the mix.


I can't believe it works so easily!!

Before serving: Add a swedish fish to each cup for added cuteness!  To do this, make an incision with a knife into the cup and place the fish partly in.  The firm jell-o should hold it.

As for the lovely man taped to each of the jell-o shots, this is my friend Marc, and I taped his face to each and every cup.  


Tailgating was a blast.  The best part of the day was when Rutgers came back for a win in the third quarter!  Also the bonus event occurred during the game when a fight 'almost' broke out a few seats down from me.  It was over a poorly thrown piece of pretzel!  Men and their food!!  How would you react if you were hit in the back of the head with a pretzel and then told 'I meant to hit my buddy but hitting you was a bonus!'  

So happy birthday Ruby! We love ya!!

Comments