Change Up Your Coffee Table

I love my sectional - two TV watchers can share a sofa, some popcorn, and play 'footsie'.  And the corner wedge is great for additional seating.  For a few years I have paired my velvety gray L-shaper with a large leather ottoman.  My complaint? The large ottoman made it very unfriendly to slip into the sofa near the wedge.  You have to stretch out before hurling over the ottoman in a dive position to get in there.  So I did a search to see what people are using these days as coffee tables.  Turns out there is a lot of creative make shift ideas out there.  They include using multiple pieces together, rather than just one.  And these pieces including a mixture of sizes, finishes and functions!



I pulled my big ol' ottoman out of the way and replaced it with two garden stools and a Jonathan Adler tray table.  I kept it this way for a week and I was happily surprised with how much my family liked it like this!  The mixture felt unique, lovely and really opened up the space. 

 So this past week I talked about my research and showcased the ideas on WFMZ 69 News at Sunrise.  Check it out HERE!

I have also listed the photos HERE!

Comments