Falling For Red, Lamps & New Possibilities




Hello again Creative Comrades!  I have been all about red accents lately.  Bright shiny orange and blue reds.  If you are looking for an accent color that increases desire (restaurants are big fans of using reds) and never fails at creating drama, even if it is in just a throw pillow, this is a good choice.  I created the mood board above using the black and white rug to ground the space and the red to give it life.  Red is the classic color of love and could be used with a soothing blue or green color palette in a bedroom.

Wow I just looked at the clock and can't believe it is 1:40 am!  My meeting tomorrow morning with my client Kim has been rescheduled so I am up late catching up on the addictive Bravo Housewives of whatever....they're all funny.  I am cleaning up and backing up my computer because (don't tell my husband) my hard drive is almost full.  What a boring process!!  My mind is wandering.  I keep thinking about the two black silver silk lamps I purchased for Kim; there is a chance that I may keep them now that I get to look at them a little bit longer (I am not kidding Kim).

Although I am broken hearted after falling for two lamps that I have to let go of, I am excited for the new growth spirts happening at LYR (LoveYourRoom):

1. I am happy to announce the newest member of the LYR team- Jess!!  More on her soon!!!; and

2. We are putting out a new virtual design service as part of our a la carte offerings.  This is thrilling.  Designing spaces for people without ever stepping into their home is becoming a popular affordable answer for those in need of design/decor help; I will be adding it to my website soon. I love this because I can create a completely new room design concept like the mood board above, or focus on a specific need like just color palette, accent furnishings, or other design dilemna -like finding that perfect sparkle that takes a room from chalkboard ho-hum to uptown chic-for anyone, anywhere-more fun and I get to meet more people (virtually); and

3. The upcoming TV segment. I am having fun gathering creative design ideas to add to kid spaces that I will share with viewers on ch 69 News At Sunrise Sept. 14 at 8:40 am.  Spaces that kids hang out in need to be full of wonder and imagination so little boys and girls can create and thrive.

OK, remember don't tell my husband Paul about my computer dilemna because he will roll his eyes, but please do tell him over and over again about how I snaked three drains tonight, filled up all the soap dispensers (now my home is civilized again) and made a spaghetti and turkey meatball dish that rocked (secret was using fresh rosemary from my garden and Drews Thai Sesame Lime dressing).  Call me Martha!

Comments