Little House On The Prairie Dining Room Gets a Makeover

I look back at this photo of my client, Waynes', dining room and laugh!  Major changes happened to this 'little house on the prairie' flower wallpapered, baby blue room. 
Wayne has a very contemporary take on rustic style.  So we said good bye to the wallpaper and added crown and box molding.  We used bold Spicy Hue paint by Sherwin Williams on the walls and warmed up the floors to reach a more caramel tone.  We found a hidden electrical box in the ceiling-why someone would sheet rock over it is a mystery but we saved on electrical costs!

Wayne even humored me by going along with my clever but very heavy mirror project.  I found a bunch of inexpensive IKEA mirrors that Wayne nail glued to a large piece of wood.  Brings that wow factor with out the wow price tag!
We purchased a grown up sleek double pedestal table in a chestnut wood tone and black X back chairs upholstered in a microfiber that looks like a leather bomber jacket.  It is by Canadel. 
The new window treatments, modern chandelier and wall sconce, and red accents create a romantic, cozy, dining room.  Wayne, when is your next dinner party?

Comments

Unknown said…
Thank you for designing another great room for me! Had a lot of fun, and hanging the mirror will always be a memory.

I am sure glad your not working on the 25th floor of the Metlife Blg now!