I think my favorite show of the season is Million Dollar Listing. I realize now after laughing through each episode, that I need to expand my own property so its value increases. So I am full steam ahead on finishing my own basement. After creating a design plan, and after my talented husband framed it out, added a million lights in the ceiling, the walls and cabinetry (sorry Paul), sheet rock went up, it was primed and painted, and well, here we are now:
1. A large plasma will be tucked into the recessed wall, a custom media cabinet will be built below it. A lot of trim and precise cuts will be involved in this project.
And this area wouldn't be complete without a big comfy tightback sectional covered in, I think, this pear green upholstry and fun tree leaf shapes and houndstooth pillows.
2. Our bar is built in right under the stairs to save space. The glass tiles will sparkle under the recessed spotlight above it. The cabinets will be painted a shade of white and topped with a deep dark chocolate brown countertop. Opposite the bar will be a 7 foot counter with a few chairs and pendant lighting above it. And a fun ping pong table will take center stage (do they make pink tables?).
3. The built-ins to the left is a perfect catch all and, now finally, a place to hold all of our books and albums.
4. We kept a small space available for a gym so we can pass by it every day and think 'Oh I should do a leg lift or push up right after I eat this bowl of popcorn'.
5. There is also a separate playroom for my little girl to go crazy in because every kid needs to let loose (I hope the magic eraser can get footprints off the ceiling).
6. I am really excited to add the dark wood flooring, and of course the glitzy fun lighting. Here are a few lights I am thinking of adding:
The lights are, from left, IKEA Lunta, Quoizel Downtown sconce, these cute IKEA Tallvik blingy colorful table lamps, and IKEA Fillsta round pendant, and That's it so far!