A Home Office Inspired By A Pizza Box

A few weeks back my friend Tracy came over with pizza. The most gigantic box of pizza I had ever seen! I had no idea anyone could consume so much pizza, but we all did! And the jokes that ensued became childish. At the end of the day I was left with the box, and a crazy idea.

I thought the box would make the perfect stencil. So I used the box to create a wall treatment in my home office. What do you think?











Here is how I did it:


With the help of a ruler, level, and scissors, I cut out a 29” circle.  Using a graph paper, I plotted out where the circles would go.  Based on my graph the circle size allowed for for circles horizontally and three rows vertically.  After splitting the wall in five equal parts using painters tape, I traced the box onto the wall with a pencil, starting in the center.



I painted the outer and inner pencil lines using a small paint brush with a fine tip first. Then used a larger brush and it took two coats. Paint I used for the circles is Sherwin William’s Reflecting Pool. The walls are Sherwin Williams Egret White.


After two nights, and some frightening expressions from P, my hubby, I finished. 


The large scale makes my walls look very tall. And, no, it does not smell like pizza!


For complete detailed instructions CLICK HERE. Houzz, a design and decor loving website, featured it on their homepage.

Comments

Unknown said…
Love the look of your new home office Shana- Those pillows are so beautiful and the tie in so well with the wall- so creative!!
rhshurman said…
I love this...you've got the best ideas and you know how to do them beautifully!!
Unknown said…
LOVED LOOKING AT ALL YOUR WORK.. VERY CREATIVE... HELLO TO PAUL...
michelle said…
I love this! Very clever and creative! Saw you at the DIY Project and had to come tell you!
Michelle-thank you! thanks for visiting my blog, please come again!!!!!!!!
Mallory said…
This is great! Love the color you picked!
thanks Mallory. I have had a fling with turquoise for a few years now.
Hi there, what a fabulous idea!! it looks fantastic!!
thanks for checking it out Modern Country Lady :)
I saw your Ideabook on the Houzz updates, thank you for the inspirational tutorial!! also, where did you find the multi-coloured vases(?) on the round table? they are lovely!
Adele, thank you. the vases are made of recycled paper I bought at a non profit fundraiser. I would try Etsy looking under 'recycled paper vase'. I also found a site that has step by step instructions on how to make recycled paper vases http://www.instructables.com/id/paper-vase-1/