Cubicles and Home Offices

I have been doing research on another home office project I recently began. This one is for three sisters ranging in age from six to twelve. It will be their homework and craft hub. This has me thinking about my own home office. I twittered late last night about adding zebra stripes to one wall in my all white space. I confess that i was pretty high on chocolate cake at the time, but I may still do it. We should all be able to take on creative control in our offices don't you think? One employer, the Balcom Agency, a full-service Advertising & Public Relations agency in Fort Worth TX does just that. They have allowed their employees to turn their cubicles into personal inspirational cocoons. Check out this fab magenta and zebra stripe one:

And check out more cubicles here. What is your idea of a fun and functional office? Below are some home offices that have ageless charm and oh how I wish corporate offices could look like:

Designer: Jamie Drake Featured in: The House that Hollywood Built

Designer: Nate Berkus Featured in: Honor Guard
ELLE DECOR, September 2008


Designer: Lili Abir Regen Featured in: Country Chic
ELLE DECOR, October 2008

Designer: Ray Booth and John Shea
Featured in: Swept Away ELLE DECOR, September 2007

Designer: Wendell Burnette
Featured in: Metal House on the Prairie Metropolitan Home, June 2008

This is a very thought out closet office that rocks - office. To make it work, the clutter is kept to a minimum and the color palette as well. Organization is KEY.

Comments

Kayleen said…
Your blog is so great! I left an award for you on my blog!