A Day As An Interior Decorator

Today I turned into an unruly Rock Star. No one realizes just how hazardous an Interior Decorator’s job can be. It’s not all ‘pops’ and ‘panache’ all the time. After suffering a knee injury trying to shut my trunk full of too many good buys for a client, I hit myself in the eye with my i-phone. Blind and limping, I met my contractor at a Granite store. Within the first five minutes there, I managed to lock myself in the bathroom. The door was ridiculously stuck. I pushed, pulled, and grunted for quite some time but even my rock-hard muscles were no match for the strength of this 3’ pocket door. I had to stand on the sink to get a signal on my cell phone and call for help. Don’t worry, this story has a happy ending- I was saved (although everyone laughed at me).

I spent the rest of the day getting lost in Phillipsburg, stuck in traffic in Easton, and after painstakingly shining, wrapping and hauling fifteen perfect vases, I broke one. I even endured a nasty paper cut while designing a bathroom on graph paper. All for the love of what I do best (drum roll please!)….. Interior Decorating!!

Hope you all are enjoying this blog! I am having fun writing on it.

Decadently Yours,
Shoshana

Comments

Brian said…
Wow. You are a trooper! Us clients of yours appreciate that you put your life on the line everyday for good design! :-)