Backyard Indulgences

It has been a while since my last blog entry. If you enjoy reading them then I apologize for the delay. I have been busy working on very cool projects and just came back from vacation. I have been in Florida the last week and half, and had a great time kickin’ back and taking in the sights and sounds. Florida is all about outdoor living. For me, it is so relaxing to sit at any hole in the wall outdoor bar that looks at the ocean. It’s the sound of the waves and watching them crash gently into the shore, whether under the glow of the moon or the hot sun, it is very soothing to me.

I don’t live near the beach BUT I still enjoy that outdoor living. And now that the warm weather is here, I am excited to do more relaxing, grilling and partying in my own backyard. Outdoor spaces are treated these days, like another room in the home. You can do so much more than merely adding a colorful umbrella to your picnic table, planting some simple pansies and bringing in a bird bath; you can turn a backyard into a resort hotspot. Imagine relaxing in a soft sofa, with a cold drink in your hand, as a light wind touches your skin, while watching the sun set.

You can truly utilize your outdoor space to the oomph degree even if you don’t have a great view to look at. Uses are limitless, from full kitchens for upscale dining to outdoor plasmas for movie nights. It is so inviting to lounge in an outdoor living room, with a fireplace, bar, and water features, that can include fountains and pools. Offer shade with pergolas and stylish gazebos for parties. Furnishings range in style, design and price so that anyone can get what they want. Upholstery comes in the hottest prints and colors, and spaces can be finished off with an indoor/outdoor rug and drapes. You can hang chandeliers, sconces, ground lights, switch out your current outdoor lights, and include tons of metal artwork. The best thing is that you can get all this from your local stores. Target, Lowes and Home Depot have good selections but I beg you, with all these choices, please, please, no pink flamingoes!

Comments