Two Very Lucky Little Girls – Part I

I LOVE what I do! I get to help people find inspiration in their living spaces by creating rooms that make them happy. And when I get the opportunity to design a room as a surprise gift for someone, it makes the design even greater because of the sweet sentiment behind it.

I received a phone call last June from a mother of three beautiful young girls. She asked me to design a bedroom for her oldest daughter. It was going to be a surprise birthday present. I sat down with the mom and discussed what the room should include to be functional, and of course the style, colors and interests her daughter had. Once the room was completed, the very lucky young lady was shown her new room and was so excited! Seven months later I was called upon again to design the bedroom of the second oldest daughter. This time I had the opportunity to sit down with this very special young lady and find out what kind of room she wanted. The room was recently finished. Here is what the mother e-mailed me:

“Anna’s room came out PHENOMENAL!!!! When we opened the door her mouth dropped open and she couldn’t speak. She was looking around in amazement and then started jumping up and down yelling THANK YOU SO MUCH!! She was thrilled beyond belief! I can’t wait for you to see it. Thank you so much for an amazing one of a kind room that Anna is soooo happy with! We are very grateful!”

I will be posting the before photo and the finished room soon. Until then here is the presentation board. Stay tuned!

Comments