The Soundtrack of Life

Remember this scene in Twilight when Edward says 'Hold on spider monkey'? I remember the song that went along with it. Every great moment in life should share an unforgettable song. Those songs turn into the soundtrack of our lives. It inspires us to do great things. Stephenie Meyer, author of Twilight, let songs move her to write her famous books (If you get a chance click on her name above and read how she wrote her book and published it-it is a Cinderella story). She says she ‘can’t write without music’. And I can see why. My heart speeds up every time I hear Supermassive Black Hole by Muse and Tremble For My Beloved by Collective Soul (who got me through my early 20s living on nothing but fun on the upper east side of NYC).

I could not begin to design without music. Every project, whether for a client or just me, has a sound track behind it. For one of my latest, a home based office for a gentleman, I needed to find a song that left the fluff behind, didn’t require any pretense, and just felt good to work in. I went back to the beginning. With a pencil and sketch pad, I kicked my shoes off, sat back and scrolled through my iPod for something that moved me. There it was: Abraham. Written and sung by
The Kin, it was composed without the fluff, and is raw and beautiful. I have shared the link to a video of them singing it without any filler (including a microphone). Check it out by clicking here. The Kin are one of the few bands that can play with anyone, and for anyone. My next blog entry will feature the finished office.

I have a list of favorite artists under my profile. Do you like any of these? What music moves you? I would love to download some more good artists out there.

Decadently Yours,
Shoshana

Comments